Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mt. Rainier & its reflection


23Aug2008 Mt. Rainier in Tipsoo Lake: Any photographer is fortunate to have a peak like Mt. Rainier in vicinity. It is so majestic, beautiful and is multi-facet, that how much ever you try to capture it, it is always different. Over the last three years, I had tried to capture reflection of Mt. Rainier in one of its lakes - Reflection lake, but was never fortunate. This time, I made a try at Tipsoo Lake. I decided to reach Tipsoo Lake (near Sunrise point) by dawn and managed to reach by 6:30am (I had to start at 3:30am from my home !). I found already two professional photographers already clicking away with cameras set on tripods. I tried my luck and was satisfied. I missed the graduated ND filter as the peak with sun rays was way too much illuminated than the below trees and flowers at the lake. I managed some basic image manipulations in Picassa and this was the outcome.

1 comment:

somitra said...

looks truly well taken , in situations like this you surely can use hdr.