Saturday, August 02, 2008

Mt. Hood in Trillium lake


We had camped at Hood river and I had wanted to photograph Mt. hood since long time. My previous two visits to the area Mt Hood had evaded me with cloudy skies. In fact, during the previous trip in the evening as we were returning back it kind of mocked me with clear view from very far off as I could see in my rear-view mirror. This time, the weather predicted was very clear. I made it a point to get up by 5:00am and rush towards Trillium lake. No breakfast, no fresh-up .. just packed the tent and rushed to the lake. As we got into Trillium area, we had to pay to get into the picnic area. I cursed as my yearly Golden Eagle was not accepted. We started towards the lake and as we approached the lake I was apprehensive if I could get clear view. Through the trees, I could see the lake was covered with mist and I cursed that again I was going to miss the view. As I got to the lake, I was spell-bound - there was mount Mt. Hood with clear-skies and perfectly reflected in Lake. The mist hanging gave another ambiance with few folks fishing standing on the deck.

No comments: